Our operating methods are based on honesty, openness, and fairness.
This document specifies the ethical principles that are based on the values of Kokkolan and the principles established by United Nations Global Compact. The aim of the principles is to promote the sustainable development of companies and a good business culture.
These rules guide our work in all of our business operations – with all of our employees, service providers, suppliers, and companies.
Compliance with legislation
- Kokkolan complies with the applicable laws and regulations in all of its operations.
- Kokkolan treats all its employees equally and with respect, and in accordance with the UN Charter of Human Rights.
- Kokkolan does not accept the use of child labour, any form of forced labour, or other violations of human rights.
- Kokkolan respects the value, privacy, and rights of each individual and does not accept any discrimination, threats, harassment, or insults.
- Kokkolan respects the employees’ right of association and the right to form and be a member of a trade union.
- Kokkolan complies with the applicable collective agreement.
- Kokkolan ensures that its employees work in a safe environment.
- Kokkolan offers its employees training and further development opportunities.
Prevention of corruption and integrity of business operations
- Kokkolan communicates openly and competes fairly, and does not use any illegal or restrictive trading methods.
- The business strategy of Kokkolan is based on environmental responsibility and principles of sustainable development.
- Kokkolan accepts all measures and activities that reduce or eliminate the impacts that its operations have on the environment.
- Kokkolan will comply with EU’s regulations on the principles of sustainable use of hunting.
- Kokkolan will comply with the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES).
- Kokkolan intends to be an active operator in its local community.
Kokkolan requires that all of its partner suppliers also follow these ethical guidelines. Kokkolan reserves the right to require from its partners a written account of how the guidelines are being implemented, and where required can also require corrective measures in order to strengthen cooperation between companies.